UPDATE: 1400 UTC Tuesday 27 October
Stand down for Afghanistan – Pakistan earthquake October 2015
- It is unlikely that SBTF will be activated to support the response to the Badakshan earthquake. The Pakistan government has indicated that it does not require international assistance to cope with this situation.
- Along with our partners in the Digital Humanitarian Network we will continue to ensure responders are aware of the support that is available if they need it.
- It is fantastic that so many volunteers from across the world were ready to respond to this situation.
Situation report at 1200 UTC Monday 26 October
- A 7.5M earthquake was recorded in Afghanistan at 0909UTC today 26 October
- GDACS assesses that “This earthquake can have a high humanitarian impact based on the Magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability.”
- More information is available on the GDACS website
- The Digital Humanitarian Network has been alerted to the situation
- UN-OCHA have staff on the ground and will request assistance from the Digital Humanitarian community (including SBTF) if necessary
- Our colleagues at QCRI have started an AIDR collection
We will use the (new) Standby Task Force slack group if we are activated. There are instructions on getting signed up to this on the Ning.
Please follow and like us: