Update on SBTF in relation to Hurricane Patricia
Here is a quick update on where the core team thinks we are at 1400 UTC.
- initial reports are positive with less damage and lower loss of life than feared
- there is still a risk of flooding and landslip
- we are in contact with agencies on the ground
- we think that we may not be activated but we will remain at standby for the moment until the situation becomes clearer
- it looks like the warning messages, including on social media, really helped encourage people to take the situation seriously and to take shelter
Please stay alert for a possible activation.
Please follow and like us: